Meet Paige Davis, Co-founder and creator of Blue Avocado, a company that creates reusable shopping and lunch containers. With a deep commitment to sustainability, Blue Avocado became certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Tune-in to find out how Paige, her sister and her friend created this Big Time Small Business!
- Southern States Insurance is an independent insurance agency with a team who knows how to protect small businesses. We have access to numerous carriers and have the ability to tailor a unique coverage fit to your needs. To get a free insurance program review for your small business, contact us today..
- Audible.com: For you, the listeners of Big Time Small Business podcast, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Download your free audiobook today!
The Definition of Success
“Our success is really measured by the impact we make over time,” Paige says of her company, and their efforts to create a greener, simpler life.
Big Time Business Blooper
Paige recalls their first order from a retailer saying, “We were certain the product would be a hit and the retailer would need more, so we went ahead and doubled the order.” Find out how this mistake ultimately benefitted Blue Avocado!
- “We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.” – Calvin Coolidge
The Road To “Big Time”
What makes Blue Avocado a Big Time Small Business? “We did a deep dive of what was working and what wasn’t, and used this information to further define how we wanted to move forward strategically,” Paige says. Tune in to hear her explain more on how their efforts to focus have propelled them further.
Recommended Small Business Tools
- Evernote brings your life’s work together in one digital workspace. Evernote is the place to collect inspirational ideas, write meaningful words, and move your important documents.
- Drop Box is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
- Free Conference Call is the leading conference call service provider offering free conference calling with a full suite of collaboration tools!
- The Responsible Company by Yvon Chouinard
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra
[button link=”http://www.audibletrack.com/click.track?CID=102175&AFID=313277&ADID=404210&SID=” color=”green” size=”small” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”,” gradient_hover_colors=”,” border_width=”1px” border_color=”” text_color=”” shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″]Your Free Audio Book[/button]
Doing It Over Again
What would Paige do differently if she had to start over again? Paige talks about spending equal time and resources cultivating both the customer voice, as well as the retailer partnership. She also discusses the importance of hiring experts early on!
Getting In Touch
Want more of Paige Davis and Blue Avocado? Check out their website at www.blueavocado.com and use the PROMO code BIGTIME20 for a discount off of your purchase!