Episode 13: Bridget Dunlap
Meet Bridget Dunlap, owner of several bars and restaurants in a thriving night-life area of Austin, Texas. However, this particular part of town wasn’t always as popular as it is now. Once littered with run-down and empty houses, Bridget took a dilapidated Rainey Street and turned it into the success that it is today. Learn all about her wild journey on this episode of Big Time Small Business!
- Southern States Insurance is an independent insurance agency with a team who knows how to protect small businesses. We have access to numerous carriers and have the ability to tailor a unique coverage fit to your needs. To get a free insurance program review for your small business, contact us today..
- Audible.com: For you, the listeners of Big Time Small Business podcast, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Download your free audiobook today!
The Definition of Success
Listen to hear Bridget talk about what success means to her and how she considers her biggest success as being able to provide jobs for others- employing over 100 people in the Austin area!
Big Time Business Blooper
Tune-in to hear Bridget talk about one of her biggest bloopers, hiring the wrong people for her businesses. She goes on to explain the importance of not taking things too personally, especially in her industry.
- “Dream big and make it happen on your own terms”
- “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee” – Muhammand Ali
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going” – Winston Churchill
The Road To “Big Time”
What is Bridget doing to become a Big Time Small Business? “Well right now I have three projects in the works, which is an insane thing to do,” Bridget remarks. Learn more about her determination to expand her empire on Rainey Street and around Austin.
Recommended Small Business Tools
- Uber connects you with a driver in minutes. Use our app in cities around the world. Get a taxi, private car or rideshare from your mobile phone.
- POS Solutions located in Austin, Texas, this company has been making decisions easier for their customers since 1999. With over 30 years experience in the Point of Sale business, they can help you find out which hardware, software, peripherals, etc. are best for your business.
- Wild (Oprah’s Book Club 2.0 Digital Edition): From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
- The Chronology of Water: A Memoir by Lidia Yuknavitch
[button link=”http://www.audibletrack.com/click.track?CID=102175&AFID=313277&ADID=404210&SID=” color=”green” size=”small” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”,” gradient_hover_colors=”,” border_width=”1px” border_color=”” text_color=”” shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″]Your Free Audio Book[/button]
Doing It Over Again
What would Bridget do differently if she had to do it all over again? “I wouldn’t change a thing, all of the lessons along the way have helped me get here,” she says.
Getting In Touch
Want more of Bridget? You can learn more about her and her places at www.bridgetdunlap.com