Episode 5: Colin Kennedy
Meet Colin, Co-Founder of Neuron Global, a custom software and application development company that is based in both the United States as well as the Philippines. Learn how Colin and his company beat the odds and excelled as a startup at the beginning of the recession in 2008, and find out exactly what makes Neuron Global a Big Time Small Business!
- Southern States Insurance is an independent insurance agency with a team who knows how to protect small businesses. We have access to numerous carriers and have the ability to tailor a unique coverage fit to your needs. To get a free insurance program review for your small business, contact us today..
- Audible.com: For you, the listeners of Big Time Small Business podcast, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Download your free audiobook today!
The Definition of Success
“Really happy clients” is the simple definition Colin has for success. Listen as he explains how client happiness has helped his company continuously grow.
Big Time Business Blooper
In the podcast, Colin goes into detail on how the recession that began in 2008, caused his company to miss out on developing and exploring their original business model. This is one inspirational story you won’t want to miss!
“The cave you fear to enter, holds the treasure you seek” – Joseph Campbell
The Road To “Big Time”
What is Colin doing to become a Big Time Small Business? “Trying to be as focused as I possibly can be on my biggest leverage points, for accelerating the growth of our company,” he says. Listen and found out how focused creativity plays in to Colin’s goal of continuous personal and professional improvement!
Recommended Small Business Tools
Growth Hacker TV is for entrepreneurs who are trying to grow a startup. Growth Hacker TV releases new episodes weekly, with over 100 different videos, where experts reveal their secrets on startup growth.
As an avid reader, Colin has some great recommendations:
- Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising by Ryan Holiday
- The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals by Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, Jim Huling
[button link=”http://www.audibletrack.com/click.track?CID=102175&AFID=313277&ADID=404210&SID=” color=”green” size=”small” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”,” gradient_hover_colors=”,” border_width=”1px” border_color=”” text_color=”” shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″]Your Free Audio Book[/button]
Doing It Over Again
What would Colin do differently if he had to do it all over again? “I would have realized that when we brought on our ‘A’ client that they were an ‘A’ client and therefore different from everybody else we had worked with previously,” he explains.