Meet Christa, Co-founder of the company CCA & B, a publishing company which produced the children’s book Elf On The Shelf, which tells the story of Santa’s scout elves. Christa, her sister and her mother had a Christmas tradition they wanted to share with everyone, but were met with a sizable obstacle initially. Find out how they overcame this problem and turned their idea into a Big Time Business!
- Southern States Insurance is an independent insurance agency with a team who knows how to protect small businesses. We have access to numerous carriers and have the ability to tailor a unique coverage fit to your needs. To get a free insurance program review for your small business, contact us today..
- Audible.com: For you, the listeners of Big Time Small Business podcast, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Download your free audiobook today!
The Definition of Success
“For us we have defined ourselves as a company that creates family moments… Every single item we put out there is something that will help a family spend time together,” Christa says of success.
Big Time Business Blooper
“For every mistake you make, you learn something valuable,” Christa says. It’s this ideology of hers that explains why she thinks Elf On The Shelf hasn’t had any major failures.
- “This too shall pass”
The Road To “Big Time”
What is Elf On The Shelf doing to be Big Time? Christa explains that they have continued to build their brand with extensions of the existing brand, “This year we launched an elf pet reindeer, so we were able to put out a brand new book that comes with a reindeer.”
Recommended Small Business Tools
- Microsoft Outlook is a free email service built to keep you connected across your devices with powerful organizational tools and a suite of Microsoft apps and services.
- Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them.
- Twitter lets your connect with your friends and other fascinating people. Get in-the-moment updates on the things that interest you. And watch events unfold, in real time, from every angle.
- LinkedIn helps you manage your professional identity while building and engaging with your professional network. With over 300 million members, you can access knowledge, insights and opportunities.
- Launch It!: How to Turn Good Ideas Into Great Products That Sell by Molly Miller-Davidson, JoAnne Stone-Geier and Michael B. Levinson
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
[button link=”http://www.audibletrack.com/click.track?CID=102175&AFID=313277&ADID=404210&SID=” color=”green” size=”small” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”,” gradient_hover_colors=”,” border_width=”1px” border_color=”” text_color=”” shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″]Your Free Audio Book[/button]
Doing It Over Again
If Christa had to do it all over again, what would she do differently? “Nothing, and I say that because I am one of those people that believes that every single thing that you do will ultimately lead you to NOT repeating that same mistake again,” she remarks.
Getting In Touch
Want more of Christa and Elf On The Shelf? Be sure to visit the website at www.elfontheshelf.com