Episode 9: Logan Hale
Meet Logan Hale, Creative Director of V3 Media Marketing, a company that specializes in producing video content for businesses through-out their digital media marketing efforts. Logan worked in the film industry in New York City, until the events of 9/11 forced him to find a job in Marketing. He soon realized that he could use his prior film making skills to help his clients’ marketing campaigns. Tune-in to this podcast to hear more of Logan’s journey to becoming Big Time!
- Southern States Insurance is an independent insurance agency with a team who knows how to protect small businesses. We have access to numerous carriers and have the ability to tailor a unique coverage fit to your needs. To get a free insurance program review for your small business, contact us today..
- Audible.com: For you, the listeners of Big Time Small Business podcast, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Download your free audiobook today!
The Definition of Success
Logan likes to ask himself, “Did we successfully help someone else succeed- one of our clients- and did we receive positive feedback, more future return business and good referrals from that client. That’s a pretty strong signal that what we’re doing, we’re doing successfully.”
Big Time Business Blooper
Logan tells us about his failure to make Sales as important of a factor as it needed to be from the beginning, and how it has taken him a long time to educate himself on building a sales strategy.
“Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance”
The Road To “Big Time”
What makes V3 Media Marketing a Big Time Small Business? “The biggest level-up has come in the past 6-8 weeks with the hiring of a biz dev sales person. Someone with over 15 years of experience who’s highly motivated to get out there and makes sales,” Logan says. Listen to find out what else he attributes his success to.
Recommended Small Business Tools
- Boomerang adds scheduled sending and the easiest, most integrated email reminders to Gmail, helping you reach Inbox Zero.
- Help A Reporter Out (HARO) connects news sources with journalists looking for their expertise. Every day, HARO brings nearly 30,000 reporters and bloggers, over 100,000 news sources and thousands of businesses together to tell their stories, promote their brands and sell their products and services.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others by Daniel Pink
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More by Perry Marshall
[button link=”http://www.audibletrack.com/click.track?CID=102175&AFID=313277&ADID=404210&SID=” color=”green” size=”small” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”,” gradient_hover_colors=”,” border_width=”1px” border_color=”” text_color=”” shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″]Your Free Audio Book[/button]
Doing It Over Again
What would Logan do differently if he had to start all over again? “Without a doubt, if I was to do it all over again, I would have found at least one partner, maybe two, to share in the startup effort, the startup costs, the startup mentality with me,” he says. In the podcast, Logan expands on why two is better than one.