Episode 7: Tom Olson
Meet Tom, owner of Eco Pedicab, a zero emissions bike taxi. Tom is the definition of a born entrepreneur, as he is constantly thinking up amazing new ventures. Be sure to tune-in to this episode to learn all about Tom’s passion for hard work and exactly how he is on his way to become a Big Time Small Business!
- Southern States Insurance is an independent insurance agency with a team who knows how to protect small businesses. We have access to numerous carriers and have the ability to tailor a unique coverage fit to your needs. To get a free insurance program review for your small business, contact us today..
- Audible.com: For you, the listeners of Big Time Small Business podcast, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Download your free audiobook today!
The Definition of Success
Listen to find out why Tom believes success is defined as, “Learning how to fall, picking yourself back up and never stop running.”
Big Time Business Blooper
Listen to this fascinating story about the mishap Tom encountered while working with deal-of-the-day website, Groupon. Tom recalls how he learned his lesson the hard way when contracts did not align, but was able to find a pretty amazing solution that made everyone happy. You won’t want to miss this story!
“I took the one (road) less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
The Road To “Big Time”
What is Tom doing to become a Big Time Small Business? He explains that Eco Pedicab plans on expanding to both Atlanta and Miami. He also is incorporating technology into the business that will provide a platform for all pedicab businesses to be on, giving them the supporting tools they will need to excel.
Recommended Small Business Tools
- SCORE is a non-profit association that is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goal through education and mentorship.
- 1 Million Cups is a simple way to engage entrepreneurs in communities around the world. Every week 1MC allows two local entrepreneurs to present their startups to a diverse group of mentors, advisors, and entrepreneurs.
- I, Claudius: From the Autobiography of Tiberius Claudius by Robert Graves
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Slicing Pie: Fund Your Company Without Funds by Mike Moyer
[button link=”http://www.audibletrack.com/click.track?CID=102175&AFID=313277&ADID=404210&SID=” color=”green” size=”small” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”,” gradient_hover_colors=”,” border_width=”1px” border_color=”” text_color=”” shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″]Your Free Audio Book[/button]
Doing It Over Again
Tom believes “The mistakes that I’ve made are perfect, I wouldn’t say I would do much different.” He goes on to explain the lessons learned from starting from the ground up, without help, have made him the Big Timer he is today!